All about how you can age comfortably and safely in your own home.
· Bathroom should be located near a bedroom.
· Bathroom doors should be at least 32 inches wide with no obstruction.
· Bathrooms with clear floor space, at least 5 feet by 5 feet, can be easier for persons in wheelchairs to use.
· Grab bars should be considered a MUST a safety feature in the bathroom.
· Handles on faucets should have lever style knobs for easier use.
· A shower stall should have a built-in or folding seat for bathing/showering comfort.
· Hand-held shower heads with track are easy to use for either a standing or seated person.
· Bathroom must have a nonslip surfaces with traction in the bathroom to prevent falls.
· Sinks and vanities that are open underneath to allow seated persons to use them easily.
· Anti-scald devices must be installed to prevents burns.